Bacon and Avocado with Poached EggPrint Recipe
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 Fresno chile, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 large eggs 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Kosher Salt 4 1/2-inch-thick slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) salted butter 4 slices bacon, cooked and kept warm
- Freshly ground black pepper -
To poach the eggs, in a large deep saucepan, combine the vinegar and 8 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat so that the water is just simmering.
Crack one egg in a coffee cup or small bowl and gently transfer the egg to the simmering water.
Repeat with the remaining eggs, spacing them evenly in the pan, and poach for about 3 minutes, or until the whites are set, but the yolks are still fluid.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the eggs from the simmering water and place them in the warm olive oil-lime sauce; set aside.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler (you can use a toaster oven). Gently fold the avocado chunks into a bowl
Season with salt. Spread the slices of ciabatta with butter and broil for about 3 minutes, or until nicely toasted on top.
To serve, place the toast on four plates and top each piece with a slice of bacon.
Divide the avocado among the toasts.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the eggs from the sauce and place them on top of the avocado.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.